Everything you need to know before going on holiday
Are you going on holiday? If so, you will need to secure your house before you go away. There is nothing worse than worrying about the security of your home when you’re on holiday. Wondering whether you remembered to lock the door? Have you forgotten to set the alarm? With ProtectMyProperty.co.uk, you can be sure that your home is safe and secure in your absence.
With our security solutions, you can also have complete control over your property no matter where you are to give you the utmost peace of mind.
Things to do before going on holiday
The most important thing about securing your home whilst your on holiday is to make it to appear occupied to deter anyone from taking advantage of your empty home. Even without the most advanced home security, there are a couple of simple steps you can follow to ensure your property is not targeted or left vulnerable.
- Avoid discussing your holiday dates and plans on social media.
- Invest in light switch timers that turn on and off at various intervals to make it appear that you are still at home.
- Make sure you have sufficient locks on all doors and windows. Don’t forget your garage door or your shed.
- Ask neighbours or nearby relatives that you trust to keep an eye on your home and potentially amend your curtains/blinds.
- Ensure that the alarms in your home are set and that any codes are left with a trusted friend or relative in case of emergency.
What measures can you take to make your home more secure
If you’re planning on taking a trip it away, whether it’s for a few weeks or a few months, you may wish to upgrade the security of your home with one of our effective security systems. We have a wide range of home security options available including CCTV, door entry control and burglar alarms.
Why not eliminate the need for spare keys with a keypad entry system or access tokens which you can enable and disable should you need to let neighbours and family into the property whilst you’re away? Maybe you could set up outdoor CCTV to keep an eye on all areas of your home, as well as being able to spot anyone who may be watching the property to alert neighbours.
Our motion sensors can also be installed to detect anybody entering the property whilst a monitored alarm or auto dialler will notify a third-party, such as a neighbour, security company or the police, if any alarms are triggered whilst you’re away, ensuring that quick action can be taken in your absence.
Have complete control with SMART home security
If you need extra reassurance, you can always upgrade to SMART home technology which will ensure you have full control of your entire security system whilst away. With SMART technology, we can connect all of your home security systems to your smartphone or tablet so that you can have full remote control, wherever in the world you are. This includes;
- The ability to view CCTV footage live from your home
- Remotely activate and deactivate door locks and entry systems
- Remotely activate and deactivate alarm systems
- Switch on the lights in your home
- Change alarm codes and deactivate entry fobs when no longer in use
- Receive alerts if your alarm is breached or triggered
Read our full guide to holiday security on our ProtectMyProperty.co.uk blogRead the blog article
Catering for all your security needs