Terms and Conditions
PROTECT MY PROPERTY LOCKS & ALARMS ON-DEMAND SERVICES
These terms and conditions apply to our on-demand services only. For electronic security services please refer to the ‘Alarms – Terms and Conditions’ document. Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about the terms and conditions on which we will deal with each other when you have accepted the quotation.
- It is our intention that all the terms of the agreement between us (including details of the services and any goods or materials we are to provide) are contained in this document. If you have any questions or do not accept any of the provisions included in these terms and conditions, please let us know.
- We may use independent contractors. Independent contractors have no authority to incur liability on behalf of or to act as agent for Protect My Property Locks & Alarms or any of their licensees.
- Quotations given by us are valid for twenty-eight days from the date they are given. We may withdraw or amend any quotation at any time before it is accepted by you.
- We will do our best to complete the work and provide the goods and materials for the quoted amount. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may incur additional costs above the quoted amount. In this event, will let you know immediately and explain the reasons for the additional costs and ask you to accept an amended quote to cover the additional costs.
- The price payable by you is the price stated as the Total Due on the quotation. Unless otherwise stated, the price stated shall be inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Domestic Customers: You will be invoiced immediately on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable immediately. If you do not pay the Total Due immediately you must also pay an administration charge of £5. Where you do not pay the Total Due within 15 days of the date of the invoice, in addition to the £5 administration charge, interest will accrue on the outstanding amount at the prevailing rate plus 5% per annum until payment is received in full.
- 6.1 Commercial Customers: You will be invoiced on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable within 28 days of the date of the invoice. If you do not pay the Total Due within this time you must also pay an administration charge of £5 and interest on the outstanding amount at the prevailing rate plus 5% per annum until payment is received in full.
- An administration charge of £10 is payable in respect of any/each cheque we present for payment that is dishonoured by your bank for whatever reason.
- We will carry out work during our normal business hours which are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. We will be able to work outside our normal business hours at an additional charge.
- Unless we are responsible for it, we will not include loss or damage to your property (including any cleaning needed) or any other type of loss. If access has to be made to your property to complete a repair, we will fill any holes and leave the surface level but will not replace the original surface or construction. Any redecoration or repair of damage that may be needed following our work is your responsibility, unless we have been negligent.
- You must let us know of anything which you believe may present a hazard or danger to any person carrying out work before such work is started.
- We guarantee all parts and labour for 12 months from the date of completion of the work provided that our guarantee will not apply where faults are caused wholly or in part by your (or any other person’s) misuse or neglect of those goods and materials or as a result of fair wear and tear. Any guarantee we offer does not affect your legal rights including those rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You can get information about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
- We will not be responsible for our failure to meet any of our obligations under this agreement because of circumstances beyond our control.
- If you are a tenant you will need your landlord’s permission to allow us to carry out the work. If the property is a listed building you may require planning permission. In either case it is your responsibility to obtain any permission required for the work.
- Notice of your Right to Cancel. You are entitled to cancel this agreement. If you wish to cancel, you MUST DO SO IN WRITING and deliver personally or send by recorded delivery or registered post to Protect My Property Locks & Alarms at the address on the front of the quotation left behind by the engineer at any time WITHIN 7 DAYS starting from the date the agreement is signed. Notice of cancellation is deemed to have been served as soon as it is posted.
- We may cancel the agreement at any time by giving you written notice. If we cancel the agreement without good reason, we will pay you any reasonable costs you incur as a direct result of the cancellation.
- Protect My Property may check your details with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud-prevention agencies. Protect My Property may keep a record of this search and the payment details from your account, and share it with other organisations. If a person provides false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, this is also recorded. This information may be used by Protect My Property, and other organisations may search these records to:
- Help make decisions about credit and credit related services for you and members of your household
- Help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims for you and members of your household
- Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and manage your accounts or insurance policies
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you give us other satisfactory proof of your identity
- e. Carry out statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud. Protect My Property, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud. If you need details of those credit agencies and fraud-prevention agencies from which we get, and with which we record, information about you, please write to the Data Protection Manager at Lakeside, 30 The Causeway, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 3BY. If you would like full details of how we and Protect My Property use your personal information, please visit www.protectmyproperty.com or write to the Data Protection Manager at Lakeside, 30 The Causeway, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 3BY.
Catering for all your security needs