There are many important things you must do to improve the security of your commercial property however, one of the very first options is too ensure you train your staff to stay vigilant.
Within this post, we have detailed some of the best ways to conduct detailed staff training. The first thing to make sure you implement is…
…make your staff aware of commercial burglaries and the importance of commercial security
The first step that you should be taking to train your staff is to make them aware and educate them about the importance of commercial security.
Conduct awareness programs to educate your staff about topics such as:
- Why commercial properties are a target for burglars.
- How burglars can break in and the tactics they will use?
- What impact do burglaries have on the business as a whole?
- How to protect commercial property from burglaries?
- Understanding commercial security.
Prepare a security checklist for all employees
A security checklist is one of the best ways to lower any vulnerabilities in and around your business premises. The security checklist should include steps such as:
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked.
- Ensure the security system is activated and fully-functioning.
- Identifying areas where theft is more likely.
- Identifying suspicious behaviour and reporting this to the security team immediately.
- Ensure that any cash is controlled in a secure area which is out of view of public access.
- Keeping any high value portable goods out of sight at night and secured in a particular strong room / vault.
- Ensure you issue customer receipts for all transactions.
- Secure the stock room correctly.
Ensure that all employees are aware of the steps mentioned in this checklist. Also, you need to make sure that the checklist is prepared in a way that everybody can understand it and importantly, has sight of.
Train your staff to operate the commercial security products installed in your business premises
It is important to make sure that your staff know how to operate the commercial security products installed in your business premises. It is no good to have an alarm system if your staff do not understand how to set it correctly.
Tell them how beneficial improved security will be
One of the best ways to keep employees onboard with your security arrangements is to inform them of the financial loss the company will suffer if a burglary takes place. Tell them the repercussions – from repairing damage to loss of customer trust – burglaries on business premises have long-lasting effects and may well affect their job directly.
Protect your commercial property from burglary
There are many ways to protect your business premises from burglaries. Find out more on all commercial security products and services here: https://www.protectmyproperty.co.uk/business-security
6 December 2017
Catering for all your security needs